- This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by Metro Transport Sydney Pty Ltd, ABN 57 082 564 510 of 190 Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont, Sydney NSW 2009 (“Promoter”).
- Entry into the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions.
- Eligible Entrants (“Eligible Entrant”): The Competition is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older as at the time of entry (a parent or guardian must act as the Eligible Entrant for children under the age of 18). Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families (including de-facto spouse, parent, child or sibling, whether full, half, step or by adoption) or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition are ineligible to enter.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these conditions, a person “Person” is not entitled to enter this Competition if: (i) the Promoter has formed the opinion that the Person has breached the conditions of entry of a previous contest run by the Promoter; and (ii) the Person has been given written notice by the Promoter stating that, as a result of such opinion of the Promoter, the Person is prohibited from entering competitions conducted by the Promoter (and the prohibition stated in that notice has not been lifted by a subsequent notice to the Person from the Promoter).
- Competition entry opens at 12:00 hrs on 14 February 2013 and closes at 24:00 hrs on 28 February 2013 (“Entry Period”). All times and dates are times and dates in Sydney which may be AEST or AEDT depending on the date. All times are stated using the 24-hour clock. 00:00 hrs is the start of a day and 24:00 hrs is the end of a day.
- Entry can only be made via the Internet. To submit an entry, an Eligible Entrant must use a compatible browser to visit Competitions (“Competition Website”). The Eligible Entrant must then follow the directions at the Competition Website. The Eligible Entrant will be required to provide an e-mail address, first and last names, postcode and a mobile or landline phone number. In order to submit an entry and, in accordance with the directions at the website, the Eligible Entrant must provide for each entry: (i) the information listed above; and (ii) complete answers to all questions listed on the form provided at the time of ticket purchase. All entrants must ensure that the Promoter receives their entries during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- All entries to the Competition may be subject to verification by the Promoter.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid if the entrant: (i) fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Competition to the Promoter’s satisfaction; or (ii) produces items that, in the Promoter’s opinion, are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or (iii) in the Promoter’s opinion, tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or (iv) in the Promoter’s opinion, submits an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions.
- Any costs associated with accessing the Competition Website are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Eligible Entrants must make their entries manually using an Internet browser. The Promoter may reject entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means, by use of a competition entry service.
- All entries will be judged on Friday 1 March 2013. All judging will be conducted at 190 Pyrmont St, Pyrmont NSW 2009. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each valid entry will be individually judged (by representatives of the Promoter) based on correct answers, literary and creative merit.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation of any aspect of a prize, due to circumstances outside its control. In such an event, the Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, substitute an alternative prize of no lesser retail value and/or specification.
- The prize includes four tickets to The Addams Family at the Capitol Theatre, on Sunday 10 March including complimentary drink vouchers.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating Prize provider(s), if for any reason a winner does not, once the Prize has been received, take the Prize or an element of the Prize at the time stipulated, then the Prize or that element of the Prize will be forfeited and will not be exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash.
- The winner accepts their Prize at their own risk. To the full extent permitted by law neither Metro Transport Sydney and/or any of their employees, contractors and agents or employees of their contractors and agents, and companies providing Prizes for the Promotion, will not be held liable for any liability/ loss/ damage/ expense/ death/ personal injury suffered or incurred or any dispute (including, but not limited to, direct/ indirect/ consequential loss) arising out of, or in connection with, this Promotion, the provision of Prizes, use or participation in such Prizes or promotion of this competition.
- The winner will be notified by e-mail to the e-mail address indicated in their entry. The notification may include instructions as to how the winner is to claim the prize and establish his/her entitlement to it.
- If the prize is not claimed by the winner within 1 month of the prize being awarded, the Promoter may conduct further judging, as required, at 190 Pyrmont Road, NSW 2009 in order to award the prize to the next Eligible Entrant. This winners’ names will also be published on www.monorail.com.au on 4 March 2013.
- If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for its conduct.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise).
- Caution: Any attempt to cause damage to any website or the information on any website associated with this promotion or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. The Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt results in any such damage, interference or undermining.
- All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entrants’ personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Competition and publicise its winner and, if an entrant consents, may be used to market its products to the entrant. The personal information of the winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the Competition, including the Competition administrator, prize suppliers and deliverers, and to regulatory authorities. Persons may contact the Promoter or by visiting www.monorail.com.au to request access to, or corrections of, any of their collected personal information that is held by the Promoter. If an entrant does not provide accurate personal information the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win a prize.